Imagine one day, without warning, you receive a letter from your lender, stating that your loan is now at another bank. Your new lender isn't even in the same state. How would that make you feel?
Let's face it, most lenders are in business to make home mortgage loans and then sell them to investors. And while your payment does not change, having your home loan sold can be a hassle.
- You often have to mail your payment sooner to make sure that it can travel to the new lender in time.
- Sometimes the switch to the new lender occurs around the same time your payment is due. So, you send your payment to the original lender, only to receive a letter from the new lender stating that they have not received your payment.
- Any problems that occur have to be solved by long-distance phone calls.
The good news is that Rosedale Federal does not sell its home loans. We feel that it is part of our service to our communities to hold onto our customers' home mortgages. That is one of the advantages of using a mutual bank like Rosedale Federal. We're owned by our depositors so we make decisions that are in the best interest of our customers. We don't sell our home loans and here is what that means to you:
- Your payments can be made easily, either by local mail or in person at any of our branches.
- Any problems can be resolved by a local phone call, or a visit to a branch.
- You have the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing your home mortgage lenders, and knowing that they will service your home lending needs for the life of your home mortgage.
If you are someone who prefers the premium service and peace-of-mind that come with dealing with a hometown lender, then Rosedale Federal Savings & Loan Association is the place for you.