If you'd like to stop a check or a range of checks you've written before they’re processed, you can do so with online banking. At this time, you can only stop checks in the desktop version of online banking. If you need to stop an automatic clearing house (ACH) payment, please contact a branch for assistance.
Click on the account you wrote your check(s) from, then click "Stop payments" in the menu.
You will then be presented with options to stop a single check or a range of checks. Enter and submit information about your checks to stop them.
If you need to edit or cancel a stop payment after it's been submitted, please call us at 410-668-4400 or visit one of our branches.
- Quick Guide to Online Banking
- Common Online Banking Questions
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA) Enrollment
- Payments (Bill Pay)
- Person to Person Payments
- Mobile Deposit
- Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
- Customize Your Mobile App Dashboard
- Create Customized Account Alerts
- Send Secure Messages
- Make One-Time or Recurring Transfers
- Make External Transfers
- Make Online Loan Payments
- Keep Track of Your Accounts with Other Financial Institutions
- Profile Maintenance
- Make Principal Only Payments
- Enroll for e-Statements & eNotices
- Stop Payments
- Special Character User IDs & Passwords
- Connect With Quicken or QuickBooks